Thursday, November 17, 2011

90. Wear matching bra/underwear every day for 2 weeks

Disclaimer: this post discussed feminine undergarments

..
..
..

Still reading? Well, I can only do so much to keep people from getting in trouble at work. Upwards and onwards explorer. This might be the wrong expression for the topic. Maybe I should be saying 'on to the dirty laundry'?

Ok, so I know many people who wear matching bra and underwear every day,  but I am not one of those people. Actually, I like to wear mis-matching underwear in as bright as a colour I can find. I like when people look at me and they have no idea that I am wearing neon green and polka dots underneath my demure and unassuming historian facade. But I decided to try this out, to see how the other half live. (And other half in this case, does not mean men, it still means women... so.. moving on)

First, I defined the rules. Matching includes undergarments with similar themes: stripes, colour, pattern (for example, reindeer and snowflakes are both winter themed), etc. I actually planned it out, and matched up my bra's to their appropriate co-ordinated underwear. Turns out, I don't have that many matches, so I broadened my strict rules to allow for design (lace of different colours counts as a match) and complementary colours (everything goes with black) and I had it! 2 weeks of co-ordination.

The actual task of wearing matching bra/underwear was not as much fun as I thought it would be since I like to pick my bra and underwear on the day of, looking for as much contrast as possible. I especially did not include this 'game' to include matching my bra and underwear to my clothes as that would have been too much for my inherently rebellious character, and I have since gone back to my organized mis-matching of undergarments. So, the next time you see someone, maybe you will wonder just how much you can really tell about the person from outward appearances alone. Or maybe, they're going commando... in which case, that's a whole different blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment