Friday, November 11, 2011

64. Give successful directions to somewhere in Ottawa 6 times

For anyone that knows me, the idea of being in a car with me with no GPS probably raises mixed feelings of terror and dread. With a 50% chance between left and right, the fact that I was wrong last time surely means that the next time I will be right, right? Ok, I will be the first to admit that I can get easily confused between left and right. (But when it doubt, always chose left). That being said, I do not easily give up, or admit that I am lost.

I recently was trying to get on the 401 in Toronto, looking for the exit for Bayview (the punchline of the story is that there is no exit/entrance for Bayview). What a terrible feeling it is to be able to see the highway, but not being able to find the on-ramp. The worst part is, that I had told my sister that this "detour" would be easier than the way Google Maps had suggested. Oh, I am so naive... Well, lucky for me I had my iPad with me. With some minor wireless-piracy tactics, I finally made my way to an on-ramp 1 block ahead 45 minutes later. Not bad for a nice Sunday drive.

The moral of the story is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if the "it" you are referring to is my internal compass, your best chance is to get out of the car and take the bus...

No comments:

Post a Comment