Wednesday, November 9, 2011

81. Do 3 good deeds anonymously

I found a cell phone on the bus the other day. It was a nice, shiny, blackberry bold, but I resisted the urge to sell it for photocopy money (as a grad student, this urge is quite strong) and looked through the contact list for someone under 'Home', or 'OMG Call if Found'. Lucky for me, the most recent person to text was 'Mom'. I got in contact with her, and she went into what I like to call Super-Saver Mode. This is something that all mom's do when they need to get something done for their kids. My mom did this for me when my phone and wallet were stolen in Rome, so I know this mode quite well.

That being said, a few days later I dropped off the phone to its rightful owner and I guess karma worked out for me because I finally talked to my insurance people and they are going to give me 400$ to replace my stolen phone. So... what that means is.. iPhone 4s here I come!

As an aside, I may have slightly tainted my good deed by snooping through her pictures and videos. Just for some background research of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment