Tuesday, November 29, 2011

07. Wear sunscreen every day for 2 weeks in the summer

Did I ever tell you the story of when I went to the spa, and the aesthetician was trying to extract my blackheads from my nose? Well, sit down and listen because it is quite the amusing tale.

So there I was, listening to the gentle and soothing sounds of waves crashing on a sea shore (which, fyi actually really stresses me out) and this lady is trying to clear my pores when she turns to me and says, 'oh, I thought those were blackheads, turns out they are just sunspots. You should really wear sunscreen since it is much easier to prevent sunspots than get rid of them'


Well la-de-dah. Sorry if I happen to freckle easily. Besides, aren't I paying you? Why are you ruining my day of relaxation. Go give your advice to someone who cares. Did I ask for your opinion? No? Then let me get back to the sound of waves.

Anyways, when I went on vacation this summer, I made a conscious effort to apply sunscreen every day, especially to my face. I don't like putting sunscreen on my face because it makes me look very pale, and if I am nothing else, I am gloriously tan (or caramel as I like to call it). But because I had sunscreen on, I didn't wear a hat when I got home I had more freckles than ever, so I'm not sure if it helped or not. At least I don't have blackheads...

No comments:

Post a Comment