Thursday, October 8, 2009

33. Start filing my bills properly

To be quite honest, I am not really an organized person. Every month when I pay my credit card, I usually just put my bill on some random counter. And most of the time, I usually think I will remember where I put it. This happens to not be true, and I find old bills randomly around the house every few days or weeks. Even when I find my old bills, I don't put them anywhere logical. So I have been meaning to start filing my bills properly for a long time, only I never really had any motivation to do it. I actually did this 2 weeks ago. I searched the house for any of my old credit card bills and I put them in "my box" which is the box that my mom bought for me 4 years ago, when I started university to put all my stuff. Over the last 4 years, this box has mostly contained textbooks that I bought and never read, old photocopies, and - the one thing that I am glad that I kept organized - about 20 essays that I had to write in university. I put some filling folders in the box, and turned it into an instant filing cabinet! Unfortunatley, there were some casualties, but nothing serious. I wasn't able to find all my old statements.. but from now on, I am putting them in my box as soon as they are paid!


Now, if the tax man ever comes to haunt me, I know where all my bills are.

No comments:

Post a Comment