Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The start of an era? Likely not

I've always wanted a blog. I am not sure that I will have much of anything to write about, I am not a writer and have no desire to be. I have been reading the blogs of other people lately and just thought maybe I should join in on the fun. I have opinions, but most of them aren't strong, and I am easily swayed by the arguments of others, which goes against the critical thinking skills that I have been paying 5000$ a year for the last 4 years to obtain.

I have some time off, I was working at Library and Archives Canada for the summer, but Friday was my last day. They are trying to get me back but it might take a while for the whole process to play out. In the meantime, I am going to take it easy and take a little time off. It has been a solid 16 (17 if you include kindergarden) years of school for me. Never, in that whole period have I looked at the end of August as something other than signaling the start of another school year. And now, at the age of 22, I actually can look at the road ahead of me and wonder, what will I do this September?

I actually know that I want to go back to school to do my masters, but it won't be this year. In the year off, I hope to work and do some travelling and just enjoy the time that I have. I guess I will do some blogging too.

No comments:

Post a Comment