Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Goodbye mini-me

Recently, I changed my email address. My old email was not professional, but it wasn't completely unprofessional either. It didn't give the impression that I was trying to pick up chicks while posing as 24/male/Cali (ex:luukin4soulm8). Nor did it imply that I was into the more sketchy side of life (ex: goonz_fo_rent). No, my old email just showed some good natured humour that you think is funny when you are a kid, and that is no longer appropriate once one enters into the workforce. This makes sense since I have had my old email address since my pre-teen years, when it was cool to be original.

Now, the point of this post is not to say that you should not, and can't, have any email address that you want. Feel free to add 666 to the end of your address and abreviate cutie to qt. All I'm saying is that this new, "professional" email address that I now have gives me a lot less to talk about when giving people my contact information, and takes away one of my last links with my childhood self.

Growing up really sucks some times.

No comments:

Post a Comment