Saturday, January 9, 2010

57. Try 3 things that I would never think of eating when travelling

I cannot believe that I ate this, I have to write it down just so that I can believe it myself. While I was in Korea, I ate octopus! It wasn't alive but it was as close to being alive as you can get without it still swimming around in the fish tank.

So, me and T were invited out for sashimi by his dojo master, Master Shin. It was one of those restaurants that you sit on the floor. Suddenly, on the table appears these little arm/tentacles that have been freshly severed from an octopus, and they are still squirming and when you try to pick them up with a spoon they stick the the metal and it is so disgusting looking that I almost puked, and some of the pieces still have octo-eyeballs attached.

Everyone else was just digging in, but I took a few pieces but I waited until they stopped squirming before I ate them. The taste of them is not so bad, I actually couldn't taste them at all because I doused them in some sort of spicy sauce. It is the texture that is really what I didn't like, they are so chewy and the tentacles stick to your teeth and ughhh!

I guess as the saying goes - I tried, I conquered... but never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment