Thursday, November 12, 2009

58. Learn to say "My name is" in 4 different languages

I recently learned how to say this in Italian - Me yamo Z.

But more importantly, I learned how to say this in Korean. In preparation for my trip (which as it were, is in 3 weeks exactly) I downloaded a podcast to teach me the basics of the language, so that, even though I probably won't understand what people are saying to me, I can still be polite and say please and thank you. I am also going to ask T to teach me Korean swear words so that I know if people are secretly insulting me.

In Korean, you say - Jo-nen Z-iminida

I probably didn't write it right, but that is how I pronounce it. I also learned how to say delicious -Mashisseyo and Good Morning -Cho-nun Achimi-iminida and will hopefully learn a little bit more before I leave. Plus, I have a 14 hour plane ride to really get into character.

No comments:

Post a Comment